The Lebanese law on secured transactions is fragmented. There are multiple laws contained in various statutes that govern different security interests. The following is a list of the statutes that govern portions of the secured transactions law:
- The Code of Commerce
- The Code of Obligations and Contracts
- The Annex to the Code of Obligations and Contracts Relating to the Pledge of Movable Assets
- The Legislative Decree Relating to the Fonds de Commerce
- The Code of Money and Credit
- Asset Securitization Law and
- the Law on Leasing Operations.
The international Finance Corporation is currently working on a project to create a unified law governing secured transactions that facilitates access to credit for small and medium sized businesses, but there is no draft law yet.
Last Checked October 2020
If you have any questions or would like to suggest an update please email firstname.lastname@example.org